Messed up pages
- I could be in the middle of editing or uploading the pages. Please be patient. I try to resolve problems within a few minutes as I see them.
- Sometimes, just refreshing the page could clear up problems.
- A lot of the pages in my site have been redesigned to adhere to the standards
set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- the non-profit, standards-setting consortium responsible for standardizing
HTML. Since the standards were developed more recently, older browsers do
not support some functionality or layouts. Some people argue that pages
should be designed for all browsers. I do try to do that, and I check
out my pages in the latest versions of some of the browsers out there.
However, I believe in progress, and cannot avoid doing things because some old browsers do not support the latest standards. It would be like stunting car development because some people refuse to switch from leaded to unleaded gasoline, or sticking to Windows 3.1.
For your convenience, I provide links below to some of the most used browsers today, in alphabetical order.
- Finally, there are some functions that are not available in CSS2, and I have to get creative, such as multiple columns. Strangely, supposedly "compliant" modern browsers handle the same code differently. .
I try my best to make sure that my pages validate. Since my pages are more likely to validate than not, I include the validation icon in the global footer that is attached to most of the pages. Thus sometimes, the icon will be there but the page doesn't validate. That is because I forgot to validate a new page, or I made a change to a previously validated page, which no longer was compliant due to the changes.
However, if I had tried to make the code compliant, but could not do so, I would use a different footer that omits the W3C icon at the bottom of the page.
If you were given an error message when looking for a particular page, please contact me, with the link that generated the error. If the page is still available but misplaced, I will correct the error. However, some pages are no longer relevant, so I will not be able to provide them.